Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Glue Line Watercolor Pumpkins



This is another lesson I have seen floating around on some other blogs. It is a pretty basic contour line drawing of a pumpkin. I had pumpkins on the middle of each table for students to observe. Buying eight pumpkins and getting them into school wasn't an easy feet for little me, and I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with them when I was done. Nonetheless we used them to discuss what an observation drawing is. After adding our glue we used watercolor with a wet on wet technique. I had students add lots of water to the paper first so that their colors would run and bleed together. At the very end we went around all our glue lines with a fine point sharpie marker to make them pop! My full lesson can be found here. I ended up taking all the pumpkins I bought to a pumpkin carving party!

No comments:

Post a Comment