Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mixed Media Cubist Animals

For this assignment sixth graders learned about the life and work of Pablo Picasso. We discussed his cubist period and the impact it had on the art world. Students used oil pastels, water pastels, and colored pencils to create cubist works of art. We started this lesson by reading a one page biography on Picasso's life that I found here. We then looked at a presentation exhibiting some of Picasso's cubist work and analyzed the characteristics they possessed. You can find my presentation on my Prezi page here.
The kids showed some great craftsmanship on this assignment. We shaded with our colored pencils to create some depth in the work, which became a little time consuming. For the oil pastel and water pastel we colored in fully. After we had filled in every shape we went back around them with black colored pencil to create outlines. The full lesson can be found here.












































2 comments:

  1. Hey there Mrs. Glad! What a joyful name...I love it!! :) This is Ted Edinger...aka Mr. E from Art With Mr. E! I grew up in Ohio..and went to college in Ohio....where in North East Ohio are you?? Trust me..I know all about North Eastern Ohio!!!! I was in a singing group the the United Methodist Church...and we traveled up and down the East Ohio Conference!!! Oh...and...I really would like to feature you on my blog....but...I was wondering something first. Do you think you will be posting more often??? Don't mean to sound snobby..just wondering. The blogs I usually feature tend to post at least once a week. E-me...let me know!! :) I'd like to know more about ya to so I can include that in the post!!!! tededinger@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you!!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete